Srinivas Ayilavarapu, BDS, DSc, MDS
Education & Background
BDS | Bapuji Dental College, Kuvempu University, Davangere, India
MDS, Periodontology | Government Dental College, University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India
DSc, Oral Biology | Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA
CAGS, Periodontology | Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA
During his doctoral training at Boston University, Dr. Ayilavarapu studied the role of neutrophils in diabetes induced inflammation in periodontal disease. He is currently exploring how diabetes and obesity might affect alveolar bone markers. Dr. Ayilavarapu participates in research exploring risk assessment in periodontics and educational outcomes research. Dr. Ayilavarapu is the recipient for several research grants as a primary investigator including Boston University Seed Grant, Advanced Research Grant from Osteology Foundation and serves as co-investigator on grants from American Academy of Periodontology Foundation Sunstar Grant and UTSD Dean’s small grant mechanisms. Dr. Ayilavarapu serves as a reviewer of several peer-reviewed journals including journal of periodontology, journal of evidence based dental practice. Dr Ayilavarapu is the recipient of The Nevins Teaching and Clinical Research Fellowship from American Academy of Periodontology Foundation in 2012.
- Ferguson,Brittney,Bokka,NishanthaR.,Maddipati,KrishnaRao,Ayilavarapu,Srinivas,Weltman,Robin,Zhu,Lisha,Chen,Wanqi,Zheng,W. Jim,Angelov,Nikola,Van Dyke,Thomas E.Lee,Chun-Teh. Distinct Profiles of Specialized Pro-resolving Lipid Mediators and Corresponding Receptor Gene Expression in Periodontal Inflammation. Frontiers in Immunology 2020. Vol 11, pg 1307
- Patel T, Vayon D, Ayilavarapu S, Zhu L, Jensen S, Lee CT. A comparison study: Periodontal practice approach of dentists and dental hygienists [published online ahead of print, 2020 May 8]. Int J Dent Hyg. 2020;10.1111/idh.12441. doi:10.1111/idh.12441
- Srinivas Ayilavarapu. “Persons with Thalassemia Major may have increased risk of Gingival Inflammation”. Journal of Evidence Based Dental Practice, 2020,101412,ISSN 1532-3382,https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jebdp.2020.101412
- Ayilavarapu S, Doctor A, Lee CT, Tribble G, Hong Jian, Nikola Angelov (2019). Alveolar Bone RNA Extraction and Gene Expression in Health and Diabetes. Int Poster J Dent Oral Med 21 (2019), Osteology, Poster 2098-2132.
- Kanasi, E., Ayilavarapu, S*. and Jones, J. (2016), The aging population: demographics and the biology of aging. Periodontol 2000, 72: 13–18. doi:10.1111/prd.12126 (*co-first author)
- S-J. Janket, H. Javaheri,L. K. Ackerson, S Ayilavarapu, J.H.Meurman. (2015). Oral infection, metabolic inflammation, genetics and cardiometabolic diseases. J Dent Res. Sep;94(9 Suppl):119S-27S.
Periodontal surgeries, implant dentistry
Dr Ayilavarapu is a board-certified periodontist and specializes in clinical periodontology and implant dentistry at UT Dentists with clinical interests in managing inflammation in periodontitis, regenerative periodontics and guided implant surgery.
English, Hindi, Telugu